Sunday, June 30, 2019

🕺😰 dancing pt. 2

"Can't you see
I don't wanna slow dance
In the dark"
Slow Dancing in the Dark, Joji

dancing is a pretty weird thing.

don't get me wrong, watching other people dance is great! but when you think about it, someone somewhere along the line had the idea of putting choreo to music (or rhythm at the very least). it's a very odd idea, although nowadays it's perfectly normal to us.

i've kinda come to terms with the fact that i'll never be great at dancing. i mean, i could improve my technique and form and all that. but i still wouldn't be good, y'know?

funnily enough, dancing is connected to some of my strongest memories. two people swaying to a beat is all it takes to yeet me down memory lane. maybe that's part of why i don't really dance nowadays. it's painful for various non-physical reasons.

so, where's the connection to life itself? i make this connection in 99.9% of my posts, right? what's the hidden significance of dancing that i'm fleshing out just to beef up my post and practice my writing skills?

well, to me, life is a lot like dancing. i may know the music, but i never know the steps. i know what it feels like, but it kinda just stresses me out. i may know what great balance looks like, but half the time i can't even walk on flat surfaces without tripping.

so for now, i'll take a step (heheheh) back and just watch other people. they know the music, they're better dancers, but most of all they actually have fun. maybe someday the dj will play my song. maybe someday i'll be able to dance like i actually have joints. maybe someday i'll have that one dance.

but until then, i'll just keep working on walking without falling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment