Friday, April 6, 2018

🧠 brooding

"I'm jealous, I'm overzealous
When I'm down I get real down
When I'm high I don't come down"
- Issues, Julia Michaels

A♭ major is a weird key.

it's right up there with F# minor in terms of angst. there's a certain amount of raw emotion and underlying distress that comes with songs in this key.

A♭ is not my favorite key. that would be G♭ major.

I've been in my head a lot for the past few weeks. playing logic chess against myself. weighing options and probabilities. making up a lot of weird shiz in my head, dreaming dreams that seem doomed to fail.

A♭ has been my light in the darkness. a source of comfort amidst mental anguish and the weight of ~life itself~ (roll credits)

the reason G♭ became my favorite key is because it is also emotionally charged and it helped me get through some tough times.

if G♭ is catharsis, A♭ is distress. quite the contrast, isn't it? but you know what they say - distressing times call for distressing songs. don't quote me on that.

as Red says in The Shawshank Redemption, "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane". remaining hopeful during a hopeless endeavor never ends well.

A♭ C E. that's the chord for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment