Thursday, August 23, 2018

👓 envisioning (beda day 23)

23. i WILL...

[NOTE: this is day 22's prompt... oops]

well... at first, i was afraid. i was petrified. kept thinking i could never live without you by my side...

oh no, not i... i WILL... survive!

...

now that the obligatory gloria gaynor reference is out of the way, let's chat a bit about this post. the format's gonna be a little bit different from my usual posts. in a bid to be a bit more optimistic about my life, i'm going to construct a bunch of different "i WILL" statements about my goals. sounds like something straight outta a self-help seminar, huh? i find the idea really cheesy, but who knows? as hailee steinfeld says in the spotify ads for post-its, "when you write something down, you're 42% more likely to achieve it". so i'm expecting my probability of achieving my goals to be 21% more likely after doing this, since typing and writing aren't exactly the same thing. this better work. you best not be lying hailee!!

so let's just jUMP INto IT...!

•i WILL... do more things that are outside my comfort zone.

•i WILL... try to be more understanding of others and remember that there's usually a good reason behind why people are the way they are.

•i WILL... focus more on my academic life and work harder to learn things i don't understand.

•i WILL... find a balance between respecting the wishes of others and being true to myself.

•i WILL... be more patient with myself, others, and life itself.

•i WILL... improve as a musician and be proud of the progress i've made.

•i WILL... avoid being passive and speak up for myself more often.

•i WILL... continue my journey as a writer through this blog and other pieces i write.

•i WILL... remember you, will you remember me?

•i WILL... wait, i will wait for you! i will wait, i will wait for you!

•i WILL... stumble, i will fall down, but i will not be moved!! i will make mistakes, i will face hea

sorry, sorry. there are too many good "i will" songs out there for me to resist referencing them...

anyway, the first 8 are actual goals that continue to plague me to no end. some of them are a bit more achievable than others. some i've actually made some progress on! some are downright unrealistic.

not gonna lie, if i ever do manage to fulfill these goals, it'll be a trip and a half. but with the power of God, anime, gloria gaynor, and post-its on my side... i WILL survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment