Tuesday, August 28, 2018

๐Ÿ’ฌ poeticizing (beda day 28)

26. brand new notebook 

for some reason, this prompt has inspired me to write a poem. i'm no shakespeare, but here goes...

-

brand new notebook
by: me!

i just got a brand new notebook
the pages are fresh and white
so now, i think i'll take a close look
at some of the things i could write

i might write some more of my novel
an epic, inspiring tale
of evil so mighty and awful
our hero seems destined to fail

or illustrate depth of emotion
how it makes the mightiest toss
with passion as deep as the ocean
or with feelings of love and | || loss || |_

or capture the calm of the beach
and contemplating by the sea
'til enjoyment's ending i reach
and somewhere else, i'd rather be

or narrate my walks through the trees
with branches and leaves overhead
though walks will sometimes my mind ease
most days, i'll just stay home instead

for now, i think i'll close my notebook
and save it for some other day
on my shelf, right next to the coat hook
i'm no good at rhyming, okay??

-

i think the biggest struggle for me was finding a rhyme for "notebook". "coat hook" rhymes fantastically but doesn't fit the rest of the poem, while "close look" isn't an exact rhyme... i'm proud of rhyming "novel" with "awful", though. i didn't know i could be that creative.

that wasn't that great. it was actually pretty terrible. i'm sorry. i'm not a poet and i know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment