Friday, August 31, 2018

🏁 concluding (beda day 31)

31. this challenge has been...

tiring. i didn't realize how time-intensive writing a post every day would be. i was a silly billy and assumed that having provided prompts would make posting easier. but as it turned out, some prompts that i initially thought were simple ended up producing deep, thoughtful posts. some prompts that i figured would be easy to write about rendered me unable to put my thoughts into words. some prompts that i found kinda intimidating ultimately pushed me to talk about things that cause me a lot of anxiety/discomfort. but i have to say, even though i end this challenge very tired, it's a happy kind of tired.

eye-opening. it sounds cliche as all heck, but i learned a lot about myself through this challenge. there were days when i had to think a lot about my personality, core drives, beliefs, standards, ideals... basically, the things that make me who i am! i ended up reflecting upon events from my past, assessing where i am in the present, and making plans for the future. i also ended up pondering things that i don't really think about on a regular basis, thanks to some prompts. some days i struggled with unfamiliar topics, and other days i found myself surprisingly comfortable with them. i'm really glad to have encountered all the new ideas and topics in this challenge.

beneficial. the constant influx of posts gave me the perfect opportunity to practice writing. before this, i only had the odd blog post here and there to prevent my writing from getting rusty. but for this challenge, there were a few days where i was very deliberate about how i structured my ideas/arguments. granted, there were many days where i joked around through quoting gloria gaynor, bashing riverdale, and hiding all star memes (among other things). but even then, i was experimenting with different styles and structures in hopes of giving my posts a fresh feel. there's also the issues of lacking proper punctuation/capitalization/grammar. but i like writing my posts in this style. plus i still know how to write formally (or so i tell myself). i like to think that as long as i'm committed to what i'm writing, then i'm getting some good practice in!

cathartic. there were a lot of prompts that gave me the opportunity to discuss things i've been aching to talk about. i got to share my thoughts on applemania, terrible advice, stan culture, and a bunch of other things. there are so many post ideas rolling around in my head that i doubt i could do justice to them all. but this challenge allowed me to speak my mind on a few of them, and i'm very grateful for that. i didn't know it would be such a weirdly relieving experience! in some strange way, putting my thoughts into posts is hecka therapeutic. i've realized that even if no one reads my posts, it feels really good to get them off my chest. as long as i get to say what i want to say, it's all good in the hood.

fulfilling. as i've said before, sticking with a writing project until the end is a highly satisfying experience. when i look back at all my posts, i feel so accomplished. i'm kinda sad that the challenge is over but also appreciative of the great times i had during it. thanks for sticking around - write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment